Tokyo Midtown Design Hub (participating organisations: Japan Institute of Design Promotion [JDP], Japan Graphic Designers Association Inc. [JAGDA], and Musashino Art University Design Lounge) will hold the 40th exhibition, Graphic Design in Japan 2013, from Saturday 15th June.
The Japanese graphic design has been highly acclaimed across the world and JAGDA, one of the largest design organizations in Asia with 2,900 members, has published a design annual "Graphic Design in Japan" every year since 1981 to introduce the state-of-the-art graphic design in Japan. To commemorate the launch of its 2013 edition, some 300 pieces from the book, ranging from general merchandises, books, packages, symbols and logos, posters, websites and moving images to spatial design for exhibitions and shops, will be showcased at the venue,
Title: Tokyo Midtown Design Hub 40th Exhibition: Graphic Design in Japan 2013
Dates: Saturday, 15 June - Sunday, 4 August 2013, 11:00-19:00
(open every day, admission free)
Venue: Tokyo Midtown Design Hub
Organizer: Tokyo Midtown Design Hub
Planning and Execution: "Japan Graphic Designers Association Inc. (JAGDA)"
Talk events by graphic designers and editor involved in producing the 2013 Annual, and an award winner, will be held at the venue.
Dates and Guests:
- Thurs 18 July, 7pm-8:30pm
Kaoru Kasai (JAGDA Award 2013), Atsuki Kikuchi (deputy editor, JAGDA Annual 2013), Norio Tanaka (book design, JAGDA Annual 2013)
- Fri 2 August, 7pm-8:30pm
Kiyonori Muroga (editor-in-chief, "IDEA", guest contributor on preface to JAGDA Annual 2013),
Kazunari Hattori (editor-in-chief, JAGDA Annual 2013), Ryoji Tanaka (JAGDA Annual Committee member)
Admission Fee: 1,000 per session (1 drink included) *Free admission for JAGDA members
Visit here for details
JAGDA Annual "Graphic Design in Japan 2013"
The book introduces some 600 works (1,500 images) selected through a strict selection process. This is an unprecedented design almanac, a collection of world-class graphic designs created by Japanese designers, which also serves as a database.
- Contents: The 15th Yusaku Kamekura Design Award / JAGDA Awards 2013 / JAGDA New Designer Awards 2013/ Posters / General Graphics / CI, VI, Symbols, Logotypes & Typefaces / Book & Editorial Design / Package Design / Newspaper & Magazine Advertising / Ambient Design & Spatial Graphics / Interactive Design / Video / Integrated Design
- Format: 280mm × 210mm / hard cover with case / 472 pages
- Edit: JAGDA Annual Committee (Kazunari Hattori, Atsuki Kikuchi, Norio Nakamura, Ryoji Tanaka)
- Book Design: Norio Nakamura
- Edit/Publication: JAGDA
- Order/Inquiry: Rikuyosha（Email email@example.com）
- Price: 15,750 Yen (tax included)
Japan Graphic Designers Association Inc.
5F Midtown Tower, 9-7-1 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Tel. 03-5770-7509 Fax. 03-3479-7509 firstname.lastname@example.org